I am back in Germany and back in the blogosphere to chronicle my day-to-day life as a fellow (again) in a more "serious" program of International Climate Protection Fellowship from the Alexander von Humboldt-Stiftung.
I am working here at Germanwatch e.V., a non-government organization which works on North-South eco-social issues. I am working on climate issues in Southeast Asia, something which I have worked on since 2006, a year after my graduation from university.
I have a love-hate relationship with climate change. Or I guess I just see it from a different perspective now. There's a big difference from being an activist to being an informed "expert" or researcher for a topic. I used to be the former and I would like to believe that I am now on the way to being the latter.
In the next couple of months, so as to make good use of my training and time here, I will try to talk about the latest climate issues in a very simple manner and hopefully be able to increase the knowledge of non-climate people about it!
For now, I must wrap the day and leave for my Deutsch evening class! Tschüss!