Friday, April 29, 2011

Eets a PhD workshop!

From Cologne and back. Attended the first day of the Ecofys 22nd Int'l Climate Policy PhD workshop and not that I feel so out place aber... Jeez, that's a marginal abatement cost curve!

No one from the natural sciences and here is where I feel out of place.

The workshop showed me how important work experience is, but at the same time showed me how there is a bank of knowledge that PhD studies can give you (but it sounded really boring from where I was sitting).

Found someone who used to work at Germanwatch, made really interesting acquaintances from Ukraine, Bangladesh, France... Dinner at Frueh c/o Ecofys... It was a great day! And on the way home had some interesting talk to a 14-year-old boy (auf Deutsch, most of the time). He seems really smart, he wants to be a pilot and he's asking, "Why do a PhD?!" :)

Speaking of auf Deutsch, I found a Sprachtandempartner! :) Hopefully we can go "speaking" this weekend! So so... it will be May and it will be my traveling month. That means my time is running out as well - must finish my research (3 papers in the making) very soon. But the real party will be in mid of May - so please pray for me.