Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Perfect.

A friend told me that "perfection is sweeter when it is hard-earned." Man, after all that I've been through (and still going through), definitely sweeter at the end. If I get to be a perfect cave ecologist in the future, I'm on the hard part now and definitely definitely sweeter by that time. WE WILL SEE IN THE FUTURE. Today held some promise. I will tell in a couple of days.

I had a grand grand time yesterday :) Went canoeing at River Sieg with another colleague! Okay, I'm no longer as strong as before but I am excited to go outdoors again! It was as easy as 1-2-3. Colleague sends SMS at the unholy hour of 1.40 in the morning asking if I wanted to go to canoe then I said yes, slept at 2.30 then woke up at 8.30 to watch my cousin's wedding online then fixed things at 12.00 then at 14.00 we met at Siegburg Bahnhof to go to our jump-off point Eitorf. Perfect. Met a lot of ducks along the way, as well as some stubborn rocks (which I love, if they are on a vertical surface).

I had a grand time at the PhD workshop, too. Met some really nice people, I hope I get to be really nice friends with the girl from Ghana, the girl from Ukraine and this guy from Bangladesh. Oh and this girl from France! :) Oui, Paris! But, yeah, they were really nice even if I were not one of them.

I just misspelled them to time - I think that's my cue to sleep. Until tomorrow. Happy really in mid of May! Looking forward to it.