I already figured why I've been so distracted lately. I have been drinking alcohol again (although very moderate) and drinking an alcohol substitute everyday. When I'm distracted, I tend to drink a lot. And I think the reason that I am drinking now is still the same reason as before.
Addiction. But not of the alcoholic kind. There is this one addiction of mine that I've been battling with for the past six years. The addiction has been haunting me almost daily since the UN climate talks and being the frail person that I am and being in the situation that I am, I've been having impulsive responses of being affected and distracted all over again. Geez and all along I thought I was no longer addicted.
I will give myself 2 weeks (and the remaining 2 months in Germany) to fix things and figure myself out. There is also something new that I must figure out how to deal with or else I'll conk out and probably be miserable for the next year or so - OBF (one big fail as a friend says; for me it is "one big failure").
I go back to writing a paper now.