Saturday, April 26, 2014

Post-vacation depression

...is it? I was so stressed prior to my vacation in Italy, because I didn't manage to meet the deadlines I have set for myself. I went around Italy, leaving everything that's been bothering me (papers to write, a proposal to polish) and came back fully awed at Italian culture but not exactly rejuvenated to start doing the stuff that I need to do.

I've been like this since a couple of years now, but I remember I haven't been like this since forever. For example, in 2008, I didn't feel the guilt that I feel now whenever I go to social networks during my work time. I don't know if it's a matter of me lacking some social life or a matter of me being too hard on myself.

This doesn't feel good. I wish I could get over this soon. I have several deadlines to beat during the weekend. I already missed one today, but no matter what I do or think, I can't get myself to write. I really need help, but of which kind, I have no idea.