Saturday, September 10, 2011

We learn something new everyday.

A classmate of mine told me that she was able to witness a training for blind people on how they can do their shopping. One was on how to choose water: with or without "bubbles."

Not everyone likes sparkling water (I personally don't). It's really handy to know that bottled "sparkling" water is hard to squeeze, while bottled "still" water isn't as hard to squeeze as the sparkling water bottle. It's helpful even for us who are not visually-challenged.

My first 5 days in the university are over. I am glad to be here but sad to leave someone behind in Bonn. Being in a long-distance relationship (LDR) is quite hard and takes a lot of energy to keep it going. However, I am also learning something new about myself as my LDR progresses (or goes by). There are a lot of interesting people here at the university but I no longer feel any attraction to anyone else than this person I have a relationship with. I like how my patience and my ability to trust another person are being tested (and even when someone I used to love keeps on popping up in my life every now and then).

We'll see how this turns out. Of course, hope for the best, prepare for the worst.